11 People Seriously Injured By Turbulence On Hawaii Flight
View Source | December 18, 2022 7:10 pm
Click to read full article
- The people on board – reportedly passengers and crew – were seriously injured Sunday when their flight to Hawaii was ran into turbulence about 30 minutes outside Honolulu, according to emergency response officials.
- The 11 passengers were hospitalized in serious condition and others less severely injured and are in stable condition, the Honolulu Emergency Medical Services said in a statement.
- The ordeal occurred at about 11 a.m. on a Hawaiian Airlines flight from Phoenix. Responders treated 36 people and of those, 20 people were transported for further medical treatment.
- The statement said the wounds included a serious head injury, lacerations, bruising and loss of consciousness.
- Hawaiian Airlines in a statement said 13 passengers and three crew members on the 288-person plane were taken to area hospitals for further care, numbers that did not appear to exactly match those of the emergency officials.
Share This Article: