McCarthy Already ‘Disappointing’ Freedom Caucus On Rules Changes
View Source | November 19, 2022 8:40 am
Click to read full article
- House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy is still the favorite to be the next House Speaker, with the full GOP caucus voting for him, 188-31, this week.
- But McCarthy already is “disappointing” House conservatives, according to House Freedom Caucus Chairman Rep. Scott Perry of Pennsylvania.
- House conservatives have been pushing for rules changes that include bringing back a ban on earmarks, which are pet projects often slipped inside large spending bills, and requiring that spending bills have to pass before the fiscal year officially begins on Oct. 1 or other legislation cannot be considered on the floor.
- Perry said McCarthy hasn’t been responsive to these proposed rules changes.
- “While it’s all been very cordial, we don’t seem to be getting anywhere all while the Leader’s vision for change hasn’t materialized,” Perry said in a statement provided to Just the News. “It’s been disappointing.”
Share This Article: