Amid Tensions With US, Taiwan, Xi Calls For Military Growth
View Source | October 16, 2022 11:48 am
- Xi Jinping called for faster military development and announced no change in policies that have strained relations with Washington and Asia neighbors.
- The leader set the priorities amid a slump in China’s economy, the world’s second-largest economy.
- “The next five years will be crucial,” Xi said in a televised, nearly two-hour speech before roughly 2,000 delegates in the Great Hall of the People.
- His repeatedly called for the “rejuvenation of the Chinese nation,” returning it the a world economic and social leader.
- The 69-year-old Xi is expected to award himself a third five-year term as the country’s general secretary.
Continue to Article
Share This Article: