10 Killed In Mass Shooting In California Dance Hall
Attack Was Inside Dance Hall East Of Los Angeles, Shooter At Large
- Ten people were shot dead at a dance club late Saturday in Monterey Park, Calif., in a mass shooting that occurred as the community’s large Asian population celebrated the beginning of the Lunar New Year.
- Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Sgt. Bob Boese told The Associated Press that the shooting was reported at 10:22 p.m. and involved a male shooter.
- The community is about 10 miles from downtown Los Angeles.
- Seung Won Choi, who owns a seafood restaurant across the street from where the shooting happened, told the Los Angles Times that the incident occurred at a nightclub.
- Choi said people fleeing the shooting told him the shooter was armed with a machine gun and had multiple rounds of ammunition.
- Police also say 1o others were injured and the shooter remains at large.
BACK TO HOMEPAGE