- The attacker of Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s husband, Paul Pelosi, has been named by sources close to the investigation.
- The sources identified the suspect as Berkeley resident David Depape.
- San Francisco police said that at approximately 2:27 a.m. on Friday morning, officers responded to the 2600 block of Broadway in the Pacific Heights neighborhood for a reported home break-in. The suspect was taken into custody.
- According to the Associated Press, Mr. Pelosi was attacked with a hammer but was taken to a hospital for treatment and is expected to make a full recovery, according to Drew Hammill, spokesperson for Nancy Pelosi.
- The motive is under investigation, Hammill said in a statement. Speaker Pelosi was not at home at the time of the incident.
- Mr. Pelosi was severely beaten with the hammer during the attack and suffered blunt force injuries to his head and body, according to the AP. The assailant reportedly targeted the Pelosi home; the attack was not random.
Share This Article: