Baldwin Sues To Clear Name In Fatal ‘Rust’ Shooting
View Source | November 13, 2022 3:31 pm
Continue to Article
- Baldwin filed a cross-complaint in Los Angeles Superior Court on Friday against several of the same people named in script supervisor Mamie Mitchell’s civil suit over the shooting.
- Baldwin’s case seeks a share of any damages Mitchell may win from the people he also names.
- Mitchell, who was standing behind Hutchins when she was fatally wounded, also sued Baldwin, the production company and others for assault and negligence.
- Baldwin has insisted that he did not pull the gun’s trigger, but a recent FBI report determined that the firearm could not have gone off without the trigger being pulled.
- “More than anyone else on that set, Baldwin has been wrongfully viewed as the perpetrator of this tragedy. By these cross-claims, Baldwin seeks to clear his name,” Baldwin’s lawsuit stated.
- Prosecutors are still reviewing whether criminal charges will be filed in connection to the shooting.
Share This Article: