CEO Of Failing Baltimore Public Schools Gets $444K In Yearly Pay, Comp
Dr. Sonja Santelises receives the annual pay whileBaltimore’s public school students have some of the lowest test scores in the country.
View Source | November 28, 2022 8:10 pm
Click to read full article
- Santelises in the most recent year earned a base salary of $333,125, according to the city’s local Fox News affiliate’s Project Baltimore.
- She also received such added compensation as a $9,600 car allowance and $53,300 in “deferred compensation” toward retirement.
- Santelises also gets 59 paid days off a year – 38 vacation days, 18 sick days and three personal days.
- The almost 12 weeks of taxpayer-funded paid time off doesn’t include the 13 paid holidays throughout the year.
- If Santelises doesn’t take her 12 weeks off, her contract allows her to be paid for most of the unused time.
- Sixty-three percent of middle- and high-school students in May 2021 were failing at least one class, according to Baltimore City Public Schools.
Share This Article: