Beyonce Disputes IRS Claim She Owes $2.69M, Wants Trial
View Source | April 30, 2023 2:14 pm
Click to read full article
- Superstar singer-songwriter Beyonce reportedly filed a petition to the Internal Revenue Service earlier this month in response to the federal tax collecting agency’s claim she owes a total of $2.69 million in back taxes.
- The 41-year-old entertainer owes the money from the 2018 and 2019 tax years, according to People magazine.
- The magazine also reports over the weekend that Beyonce has requested a trial in Los Angeles, though a potential date is unknown.
- He petition was filed after the IRS issued a Notice of Deficiency stating that she owes $805,850 for 2018 and $1,442,747 for 2019. The figure reaches $2.69 million when adding in assessed penalties of $449,719.40 for both years.
- “We are working with the IRS and anticipate that the matter will be resolved shortly, Beyonce lawyer Michael C. Cohen told the magazine.
Share This Article: