Biden Expected To Ignore COVID Learning Loss In SOTU
View Source | February 7, 2023 6:02 pm
Continue to Article
- President Joe Biden is expected to brag about the trillions of dollars his administration put towards COVID relief, but ignore how this money failed to help students during his State of the Union address.
- Reps. Virginia Foxx (R-NC) and James Comer (R-KY) sent letters to Education Secretary Miguel Cardona last year requesting documentation on more than $120 billion sent to public schools as part of Biden’s American Rescue Plan.
- Though the White House said funds would be used to help hire more tutors and provide more learning opportunities for students who fell behind during the pandemic, just 20 percent of those funds had to “address learning loss” according to the Department of Education.
- Foxx and Comer revealed that some districts put the money toward “antiracist” and “implicit bias” training while other reports found that school boards used the funds to buy electric school buses.
- Cardona failed to respond to the lawmakers.
Share This Article: