Biden Human Rights Nominee Withdraws Over Criticism Of Israel Statements
View Source | January 26, 2023 7:23 pm
Continue to Article
- “At present, I don’t see a path forward for confirmation, and after 1 ½ years, it’s time to move on,” Margon said. “I will continue to work on democracy and human rights.”
- Margon says she withdrew, Biden did not pull her nomination, which he put forth in April 2021.
- Her past social media post drew particular opposition from Senate Foreign Relations Committee GOP Sen. Jim Risch, who accused her of supporting the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement.
- BDS advocates for pressuring, boycotting and isolating Israel politically, economically and culturally in protest of itpolicies and how they interact with the Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank.
- Margon has denied supporting that movement.
Share This Article: