British Open Champ Weiskopf Dead At 79
Weiskopf had 16 PGA Tour victories including his lone major, the British Open at Royal Troon
BACK TO HOMEPAGE
- Weiskopf died Saturday at his home in Big Sky, Montana.
- He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in December 2020 and was working just last week.
- “He worked to the end,” wife Laurie Weiskopf said. “He had a big life.”
- The son of a railroad worker, Weiskopf also did golf commentary on TV for CBS and ABC/ESPN.
- “Tom Weiskopf had as much talent as any player I’ve ever seen play the tour,” said legendary golfer and contemporary Jack Nicholas.