British Open Champ Weiskopf Dead At 79
View Source | August 21, 2022 4:20 pm
Continue to Article
- Weiskopf died Saturday at his home in Big Sky, Montana.
- He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in December 2020 and was working just last week.
- “He worked to the end,” wife Laurie Weiskopf said. “He had a big life.”
- The son of a railroad worker, Weiskopf also did golf commentary on TV for CBS and ABC/ESPN.
- “Tom Weiskopf had as much talent as any player I’ve ever seen play the tour,” said legendary golfer and contemporary Jack Nicholas.
Share This Article: