Car Sails Off California Mountain Top, Hits Tree 530 Feet Below
- A vehicle toppled over a cliff on Mount Tamalpais in Marin County Friday night, falling about 530 feet before crashing into a tree, authorities said.
- The accident occurred on Ridgecrest Boulevard near the Cataract Trail access point.
- The driver of the vehicle was eventually extricated from the vehicle and then airlifted to a local trauma center for major injuries, according to a news release from the Sonoma County Sheriff’s Office.
- Three U.S. Air Force airmen saw the vehicle fall shortly before 8 p.m.
- They made their way down the ravine, officials said, as the Sonoma County Sheriff’s Office helicopter, Henry-One, and Marin County agencies responded to the scene.
BACK TO HOMEPAGE