China Threatens Retaliation Over Balloon Take Down
View Source | February 5, 2023 8:04 am
Continue to Article
- China said Sunday after the United States a day earlier shot down its unmanned research ballon off the South Carolina coast that the Communist-run country is “reserving the right to take further actions in response.”
- China also called the balloon takedown an “overreaction” to the matter.
- The U.S. military on Saturday shot down a suspected Chinese spy balloon off the Carolina coast after it took a path across the country that went over sensitive military sites across
- China has said the balloon flyover was an accident involving a civilian aircraft and repeated the claim Sunday saying it will “resolutely uphold the relevant company’s legitimate rights and interests, and at the same time.”
- President Biden ordered the Pentagon to take down the balloon Wednesday but waited until Saturday when it was over water and the crashing of the payload to the ground would not injure civilians.
Share This Article: