Passenger Jet Crash Near Nepal Resort Kills 68
Passenger Jet Crashed Near Nepal Resort
View Source | January 15, 2023 7:40 am
Click to read full article
- A commercial passenger jet carrying 72 people crashed while landing Sunday at a new airport in the resort town of Pokhara, Nepal, killing dozens of people, officials said.
- Rescuers are searching a gorge where the plane crashed near the Seti River, nearly a mile away from the Pokhara International Airport, according to authorities.
- At least 32 people are confirmed dead and rescuers expect to find more bodies.
- Sixty-eight passengers, including 15 foreign nationals, and four crew members were aboard the plane, which was operated by Nepal’s Yeti Airlines, according to Nepal’s Civil Aviation Authority.
- Prime Minister Pushpa Kamal Dahal said the plane flew from the capital of Kathmandu to Pokhara.
Share This Article: