Credit Card Purchases Of Guns, Ammo Will Be Coded
Approval to code such purchase made by International Organization for Standardization’s Registration and Maintenance Management Group.
View Source | September 11, 2022 9:41 am
Click to read full article
- Group made decision in response to request by Amalgamated Bank to set up such a code.
- “Considering the application met all the criteria … and no material arguments pertaining to the approval criteria outlined in the ISO 18245 standard to reject the code were made, SC9 leadership has approved this MCC application in order to comply with the standard,” the ISO said.
- Decision came less than a week after New York Attorney General Letitia James and California Attorney General Rob Bonta, Democrats, sent a letter to American Express, Mastercard and Visa, urging them to support a merchant category code.
- “Labeling gun and ammunition sales is a responsible, common-sense way to help protect Americans,” James said.
- National Rifle Association and the National Shooting Sports Foundation are among those opposing change.
Share This Article: