Democrat Gomez Keeps House Seat, In Final Undecided Races
View Source | November 20, 2022 4:26 pm
Continue to Article
- Republicans have already won the minimum 218 seats to win the House, but Gomez’s race was until this weekend one of a handful of undecided congressional midterms.
- The race was called by the Associated Press with nearly all the ballots counted – Gomez had 51.3% to 48.7% for Kim.
- Counting continues in a handful of other undecided races.
- The race was a 2020 rematch in which Gomez defeated Kim, an immigration lawyer.
- The heavily Democratic, Los Angeles-area 34th District is a collection of diverse socio-economic urban neighborhoods including downtown Los Angeles.
Share This Article: