DeSantis Appears At Luke Bryan Concert To Raise Ira Relief Funds, Cue Backlash
Country star Luke Bryant honored Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis' request to appear on stage at Bryan's concert Saturday night to raise money for Floridians trying to recover from the damage of Hurricane Ira, which hit the state's central Gulf Coast earlier this month as a Category 4 storm.
View Source | October 30, 2022 3:43 pm
Click to read full article
- DeSantis’ appearance in Jacksonville sparked the expected backlash.
- Relief efforts are being led by Florida first lady Casey DeSantis.
- The DeSantis family also recently appeared at a Lynard Skynard concert raise money.
- “I typically don’t respond to stuff when I’m getting run down on a social platform but here’s the deal,” Bryan said about the backlash. “I understand Governor Desantis is a very polarizing figure. But I grew up in a country where if a governor ask you if they can come and raise awareness to help victims of a natural disaster you help.
- At least 132 people have died as a result of the hurricane.
Share This Article: