Don’t Lick The Toads To Get High, National Park Service Warns
View Source | November 9, 2022 12:30 am
Continue to Article
- “These toads have prominent parotoid glands that secrete a potent toxin,” NPS warned.
- “It can make you sick if you handle the frog or get the poison in your mouth. As we say with most things you come across in a national park, whether it be a banana slug, unfamiliar mushroom, or a large toad with glowing eyes in the dead of night, please refrain from licking.”
- The Colorado river toad measures seven inches long; it emits a “weak, low-pitched toot, lasting less than a second.” It can live for 20 years while hibernating underground for most of each year, only to appear after heavy summer rains.
Share This Article: