- El Paso City Councilwoman Isabel Salcido is asking President Biden to visit the city, overwhelming in recent weeks by an influx of illegal immigrants.
El Paso amid the migrant crisis.
- Isabel Salcido made her appeal to Biden a letter Thursday in which she asks him to see firsthand the “failure of inaction on Comprehensive Immigration Reform.”
- The one-of-kind surge has people living in the streets and filling the city’s convention center, which resulted in the cancelation of an event there in connection with the annual college Sun Bowl football game.
- The surge is apparently because migrants had expected the lifting of a Trump administration ban on immigration imposed after the start of the pandemic. However, the matter remains tied up in courts.
- The administration activating a decades-old health-safety law known as Title 42, to try to keep the virus from being further brought into the country.