Family Of F1 Legend Plans Legal Action Over AI-Generated Interview
View Source | April 20, 2023 4:47 pm
Click to read full article
- The fallout from a German magazine’s ill-advised AI-generated interview with F1 legend Michael Schumacher continues, with his family once again confirming their plan to take legal action.
- As you may know, the 7-time Formula 1 world champion hasn’t been seen in public since 2013. He sustained a severe brain injury while skiing in 2013 and his family has worked hard to maintain his privacy in the years since.
- German magazine Die Aktuelle published the phony interview, which included quotes attributed to Schumacher that he didn’t make.
- “I can with the help of my team actually stand by myself and even slowly walk a few steps,” Schumacher — or rather an AI program — was quoted as saying. “My wife and my children were a blessing to me and without them I would not have managed it. Naturally they are also very sad, how it has all happened. They support me and are standing firmly at my side.”
- The interview concluded with an admission that the entire interview had been generated using artificial intelligence.
Share This Article: