- The Florida Senate passed a bill on Monday to ban abortion after six weeks of pregnancy.
- The bill provides exceptions of up to 15 weeks of pregnancy in cases of rape, incest, and human trafficking.
Such a ban would still need to secure passage in Florida House before its reaches the desk of GOP Gov. Ron DeSantis.
- The upper chamber backed the ban 26-13, with two Republicans opposing its passage.
- Republicans hold a supermajority in the House, which is slated to take up the issue next week.
- DeSantis has voiced support for the measure, and it is likely to become law.