GA Candidate Declared Winner – Then Officials Found More Votes
View Source | November 19, 2022 11:03 am
Click to read full article
- This story won’t do anything to increase faith in elections. Madelyn Orochena, a candidate in the Kennesaw (Ga.) City Council special election, was informed that she had won and announced her victory on social media.
- Then election officials found a memory card that contained 789 uncounted votes.
- Those votes flipped the election to Orochena’s opponent, Lynette Burnette.
- Orochena plans to file a complaint with the Secretary of State’s office.
- “Just trying to gain more information, what is within my rights, so we can be confident whoever wins, wins fairly,” Orochena said.
Share This Article: