Gannett, Too, Cuts News Division By 6%, USA Today Reporters
Among those being let go were reporters at Gannett's flagship paper USA Today, a national daily, and producers working on Gannett’s digital optimization teams.
View Source | December 1, 2022 9:25 pm
Click to read full article
- They layoffs announced Thursday come just four months after the company terminated hundreds of employees.
- More layoff are expected to be announced Friday, in Gannett’s attempt to reduce its news division staff of 3,440 by 6%, which would equal roughly 200 layoffs.
- Gannett journalist were warned Nov. 17 of impending layoff in an email from News division leader Henry Faure Walker.
- Walker warned news division costs were too high, with cuts also expected in other parts of the company.
- Gannett is the country’s biggest newspaper chain – with over 200 dailies.
Share This Article: