GOP Objects To Pentagon Plan To Move Jets Out Of Japan
View Source | November 4, 2022 2:38 pm
Click to read full article
- Defense News reports. that the Pentagon is. planning to remove two squadrons of F-15C Eagle fighter jets. stationed in Japan.
- The move is intended to modernize the fleet by phasing out old aircraft such. as the F-15, which has been in service since 1976.
- But the Pentagon said the older jets will be replaced by rotational forces rather than a permanent fighter presence.
- That led several Republicans to write to Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin to explain why he isn’t reinforcing the units.
- “As you know, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) is expanding its aggression in the Indo-Pacific and beyond,” the letter reads.“We are concerned that [the Department of Defense’s] decision sends the wrong signal, not only to the CCP, but also to our allies and partners in the Indo-Pacific.”
Share This Article: