GOP’s Lake Calls Hobbs ‘Coward’ For Ducking Ariz Guv Debate
View Source | September 12, 2022 6:52 pm
Continue to Article
- In saying no to debate, Hobbs became first candidate for Arizona governor in decades to refuse an invitation to debate opponent in the event organized by a state commission.
- The Arizona Citizens Clean Elections Commission tried unsuccessfully to negotiate the debate format with Hobbs, now Arizona’s secretary of state.
- No other candidate running for office in November has declined an invitation, nor has any candidate for governor done so since the commission began holding debates in 2002.
- Hobbs campaign suggested Lake, a former local Fox TV anchor, is a “conspiracy theorist.”
- Lake, who is endorsed by former President Trump, criticized Hobbs for refusing to debate, calling her “a coward.”
Share This Article: