House Democrats Vote Down GOP’s Hunter Biden Probe
View Source | September 20, 2022 7:22 pm
Continue to Article
- House Oversight Committee rejected the plan from their GOP colleagues, who alleged that the President Biden, son Hunter and perhaps others through Hunter Biden’s international business deals offered “access to the highest levels of government to enrich themselves.”
- “It is time for President Biden to answer some questions about his participation in his family’s business schemes with some of our most significant adversaries for years, including the Chinese Communist Party,” Republican Tennessee Rep. James Comer said of the effort.
- Republicans have long scrutinized the president’s son over his alleged illicit activities.
- Committee Chairwoman Rep. Carolyn Maloney, D-N.Y., said Republicans were “obsessed” with Hunter Biden.
- “This is a nakedly partisan effort,” Maloney said.
Share This Article: