Ibuprofen, Naproxen Can Make Arthritis Inflammation Even WORSE
View Source | November 21, 2022 1:55 pm
Continue to Article
- Common painkillers can make the misery of osteoarthritis even worse, a new study warns.
- Ibuprofen, naproxen, and diclofenac are among the many drugs for relieving aching joints.
- However, researchers say they may aggravate inflammation of the knee over time.
- They belong to a class of medications known as NSAIDS, or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- The study, based on a review of over 1,000 patients, is one of the first to investigate their long-term effects.
Share This Article: