‘Inspiring’ Tidbit From Katie Porter Book Promo: She Lent AOC Pair Of Sneakers During J6
View Source | April 17, 2023 6:58 pm
Click to read full article
- The California Democrat and progressive is promoting her book “I Swear: Politics Is Messier Than My Minivan.”
- Porter has represented California’s historically conservative Orange County since 2019.
- “Never having run for office before, Rep. Katie Porter defied expectations in 2018,” reads part of the promo copy for Porter’s book event Tuesday at the “Sixth & I” venue in Washington, D.C. “Underestimated as a single mom and chided for her progressive values, she quickly went viral for videos of her using a whiteboard to take CEOs and corrupt government officials to task in congressional hearings.”
- Tickets cost $20, $38 with the book.
- “Full of candid and inspiring stories– from how Rep. Porter lent Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez a pair of sneakers during the Capitol attack on January 6, 2021, to her kids’ lightly illegal campaign hijinks– this is a book by an exhausted, committed parent who just doesn’t have the time for nonsense in her house,” the promo copy also reads.
Share This Article: