Trump Flicks Off J6 Panel Claims, ‘It Strengthens Me’
View Source | December 19, 2022 10:45 pm
Continue to Article
- Former President Trump did trigger-finger his social media response Monday to the Democrat-led House Jan. 6 panel sending three criminal referrals to the Justice Department over his actions related to the 2021 Capitol riot, but he fired off a series of Truth Social posts about four hours later.
- “These folks don’t get it that when they come after me, people who love freedom rally around me,” Trump said in one of three posts at about 6 p.m. ET. “It strengthens me. What doesn’t kill me makes me stronger.”
- Trump has already officially declared in candidacy to seek the 2024 GOP presidential nomination.
- The referrals are related to inciting an insurrection, conspiracy to defraud the United States, conspiracy to make a false statement and obstruction of an official proceeding.
- “The Fake charges made by the highly partisan Unselect Committee of January 6th have already been submitted, prosecuted, and tried in the form of Impeachment Hoax # 2. I WON convincingly. Double Jeopardy anyone!” Trump also posted.
- He also took aim at the FBI which this summer raided his Florida estate looking for materials to allegedly took from the White House without authorization, saying, “The people understand that the Democratic Bureau of Investigation, the DBI, are out to keep me from running for president because they know I’ll win and that this whole business of prosecuting me is just like impeachment was — a partisan attempt to sideline me and the Republican Party.”
Share This Article: