Trending

Man Dies After Getting Electrocuted In Seaside Resort Jacuzzi

A man died after likely being electrocuted in a jacuzzi at a resort hotel in the Mexican beach town of Puerto Peñasco, popularly also known as Rocky Point.

A man and a woman were apparently shocked by an electrical current Tuesday evening, June 11, while inside an outdoor jacuzzi next to a swimming pool at private condominiums in Puerto Peñasco, the Sonora State Attorney General’s Office said in a news release.

Puerto Peñasco is a beach town in northwest Mexico frequented by U.S. tourists located on the Gulf of California (also known as the Sea of Cortez) near the Arizona border.

The man who died was identified by Sonora authorities only as 43-year-old Jorge N. The woman, identified as Lizeth N., was reportedly transported to a U.S. hospital in critical condition, the El Paso Times, part of the USA TODAY Network, reported.

The news release by the Sonora State Attorney General’s Office didn’t mention the victims’ hometown, but Channel 9-KTSM reported that the man was from El Paso, Texas.

Full names were not disclosed by authorities in keeping with rules in Mexico regarding the naming of victims. The death is under investigation by Sonora state authorities. A cause of death has not been officially determined.

Read the full story here.

BACK TO HOMEPAGE