- The search for a Texas man who allegedly shot and killed five neighbors after they asked him to stop firing off rounds in his yard entered its second day Sunday.
- Authorities were able to track the suspect, 38-year-old Francisco Oropeza, by the GPS in his cellphone after the mass shooting late Friday night – until they found the phone and clothes, which also resulted in tracking dogs losing the scent.
- Among those killed an 8-year-old boy.
- Oropeza is likely still carrying the AR-15 he allegedly used in the shootings, near Houston, says San Jacinto County Sheriff Greg Capers
- “He could be anywhere now,” the sheriff also said.
On Sunday, authorities said the had “zero leads,” and The FBI in Houston it was referring to the suspect as Oropesa, not Oropeza, to “better reflect his identity in law enforcement systems.”
- The suspect also is reportedly a Mexican national.