Marathon Star Kipchoge Finishes Sixth At Boston, Dropped In Famed Newton Hills
View Source | April 17, 2023 9:49 pm
Click to read full article
- Eliud Kipchoge was dropped Monday around 19 miles in his Boston Marathon debut, in the middle of the race’s famed hills that include “Heartbreak Hill.”
- The loss on a cool, drizzly day was Kipchoge’s third defeat in 18 career marathons.
- Kipchoge’s decade-long career at 26.2 miles includes two world record-breaking runs and two Olympic gold medals.
- He finished about three minutes behind fellow Kenyan and winner Evans Chebet, who became only the first male runner since 2008 to repeat as Boston champion.
- “Today was a tough day for me,” Kipchoge said after the race. “I pushed myself as hard as I could but sometimes, we must accept that today wasn’t the day to push the barrier to a greater height.”
Share This Article: