McCarthy To Give Speech At NYSE, In Prelude To Unveiling His Debt Limit Proposal To Biden
View Source | April 16, 2023 11:24 am
Click to read full article
- House Speaker Kevin McCarthy will on Monday deliver an address about the state of the economy at the New York Stock Exchange.
- The speech will come ahead, perhaps on the same day, the California Republican announces his debt limit proposal to President Biden.
- McCarthy has vowed that he won’t pass legislation to raise the country’s borrowing authority unless it is coupled with a clawback in federal spending.
- He propose sometime this week a 1-year debt limit extension tied to spending concessions from Biden and the Democrats, sources told Just the News
- Biden has demanded a so-called clean bill, which is not loaded with qualifiers, exceptions and other such demands.
Share This Article: