- Miami Beach officials on Sunday impose a midnight curfew following two fatal Spring Break shootings.
- The curfew will be for one overnight period – 11:59 p.m. Sunday until 6 a.m. Monday. However, additional curfews will likely be imposed Thursday through next Monday, March 27.
- Spring Break in South Florida is notoriously at times chaotic and marred by crime, with Miami’s South Beach being one of the most problematic areas.
- Miami Beach officials say two separate shootings – one Friday night and another early Sunday – resulted in the death in each incident of one person.
- Miami Beach Mayor Dan Gelber says there has been a presence of numerous firearms.
Miami Beach Imposes Spring Break Curfew After Two Fatal Shootings
A woman with an Iguana on her chest walks on the beach in Miami Beach, Florida, on March 17, 2022. - Music, dancing, alcohol and tiny swimsuits -- spring vacation in the United States, popularly known as "spring break," brings thousands of young people to south Florida every year for a few days of uncontrolled fun, much to the chagrin of residents in cities like Miami Beach. (Photo by CHANDAN KHANNA / AFP) (Photo by CHANDAN KHANNA/AFP via Getty Images)
Share This Article: