Murderapolis: Center Of ‘Defund’ Movement Has Another Crime Surge
Center Of 'Defund' Movement Has Another Crime Surge
View Source | September 25, 2022 11:59 am
Click to read full article
- Ninety-four people were murdered in Minneapolis last year, city crime data shows.
- Minneapolis got the nickname “Murderapolis” in 1995 when the city had slightly over 94 killings that year.
- Twin City St. Paul had 38 murders last year – a record high.
- After the Minneapolis police murder of George Floyd in May of 2020, city became a worldwide symbol of the police brutality, particularly toward black residents.
- In response, the city became the epicenter of the “Defund the Police” movement, which fizzled last year with a decisive referendum defeat.
Share This Article: