- Actress Kirstie Alley died Monday after a battle with cancer. She was 71.
- Alley’s fame rose in the 1980s with her role as Rebecca Howe on the hit comedy “Cheers.”
- She parlayed that success into movie success in the “Star Trek” franchise and other features.
- Alley became a Scientologist in 1979 and was a prominent supporter of former President Donald Trump.
- “She was surrounded by her closest family and fought with great strength, leaving us with a certainty of her never-ending joy of living and whatever adventures lie ahead,” her children wrote on Twitter in announcing her death. “As iconic as she was on screen, she was an even more amazing mother and grandmother.”
Click to read full article
Share This Article: