Florida Students Oppose Sen. Sasse’s Appointment Over LGBTQ Issues
View Source | October 10, 2022 5:22 pm
Continue to Article
- Nebraska GOP Sen. Ben Sasse said last week he was set to leave Congress because the University of Florida team searching for the next school president said he was now the only candidate.
- Faculty also reportedly oppose some of Sasse’s positions on LGBTQ+ issues.
- Protesters on Monday interrupted a Q&A session on campus attended by Sasse.
- They reportedly argued his opposition to same-sex marriage and his stances on LGBTQ issues make him unsuitable to serve as the school’s leader.
- Students and faculty, furthermore, are protesting what they say is the senator’s documented history of embracing anti-LGBTQ rhetoric and being critical of legislation and court decisions on which modern LGBTQ rights are based.
Share This Article: