- Rory McIlroy had a season to remember, but there’s at least one thing he regrets.
- “I’m like, ‘F—ing hell, I’ve just given Tiger COVID!'”
- In an interview with the Sunday Independent, McIlroy recounted the circumstances that he says led to him and Tiger Woods both getting COVID-19 ahead of The Open.
- McIlroy said he first felt symptoms while playing in Ireland at the JP McManus Pro-Am a week and a half before The Open at St Andrews.
- The field for the two-day, 36-hole event at Adare Manor featured nine of the top 10 players in the world at the time, as well as Woods, and, McIlroy said, “everyone had COVID.”
Share This Article: