Rubio Sides With Unions In Labor Dispute Threatening Rail Strike
Florida GOP Sen. Marco Rubio announced Tuesday that he will oppose legislation forcing unions and railroad companies into a collective bargaining agreement.
View Source | November 29, 2022 9:21 pm
Click to read full article
- Four railway workers unions rejected in member-wide votes a collective bargaining agreement negotiated by the Biden administration, union leadership and the railways.
- If the unions and railways do not come to an agreement by Dec. 8, the unions will strike.
- President Biden has called on Congress to pass legislation forcing the unions into the agreement, which the legislative branch can do under the Railway Labor Act.
- “Just because Congress has the authority to impose a heavy-handed solution does not mean we should. It is wrong for the Biden Administration, which has failed to fight for workers, to ask Congress to impose a deal the workers themselves have rejected,” Rubio said.
- The House is set to vote Wednesday on the matter.
Share This Article: