New Law Would Make Day After Super Bowl A Holiday If Passed
View Source | February 13, 2023 1:14 pm
Continue to Article
- Many were glued to the TV for this year’s Super Bowl, watching the Kansas City Chiefs defeat the Philadelphia Eagles.
- Super Bowl celebrations can get a little crazy, with lots of fun that you may need to recoup from the next day, which is why a Tennessee lawmaker is suggesting that the day after the Super Bowl be considered a state holiday, according to the Tennessee General Assembly.
- Although the bill is not up for vote yet, its chances of becoming law are looking pretty nice.
- House Representative Joe Towns, who represents District 84 in Memphis and parts of Shelby County, proposed House Bill 1463.
- The bill aims to remove Columbus Day as a legal holiday, replacing it with the first Monday after the Super Bowl, amending TCA Section 15-1-101. Senator London Lamar sponsored the bill.
Share This Article: