Trump Says Attack ‘Terrible Thing’
View Source | October 30, 2022 7:50 am
Continue to Article
- Pelosi, the husband of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, was attacked at the couple’s San Fransisco home Friday morning by man with a reported history of emotional issues and instability.
- The person arrested, identified as David DePape, attacked the 82-year-old Pelosi with a hammer in a struggle as police arrived at about 2 a.m.
- Pelosi underwent surgery for a fracture skull and injuries to his right arm and hand, but is expected to make a full recovery.
- Trump spoke about the assault during and interview Saturday in the context of the large issues about some of policies of leaders of U.S. cities including so-called “cashless bail” and the connection of that policy resulting the release of incarcerated people.
- “These people are crazy,” Trump said. “They’re going to release stone cold killers out of the jails. Nobody knows why. I mean, they need room or something. Yeah, with Paul Pelosi, that’s a terrible thing; with all of them, it’s a terrible thing. Look at what’s happened to San Francisco, generally, look at what is happening in Chicago. It was far worse than Afghanistan.”
Share This Article: