- Twitter has confirmed that it plans to accept Elon Musk’s renewed $44 billion takeover proposal.
- A company spokesman said: “We received the letter from the Musk parties which they have filed with the SEC. The intention of the Company is to close the transaction at $54.20 per share.”
- Musk had been trying to back out of the deal because he said Twitter undercounted the number of spam accounts on the site.
- Both sides were due in court Oct. 17, but Musk wrote to Twitter on Oct. 4 proposing to buy the company at the original price.
Click to read full article Go back home