- Pulisic gave scored in the game’s 38th-minute – in a politically charged rematch of their famous meeting a quarter-century ago.
- The U.S. star was replaced at the start of the second half and taken to a hospital for an abdominal scan, according to the U.S. Soccer Federation.
- Pulisic collided with the Iran goalie when he scored and afterward was sprawled on the field and lying in the goal for about three minutes as he received treatment from the U.S. staff.
- The U.S. needed a victory to reach the round of 16.
- Iran has failed to advance in all six of its World Cup appearances.
Click to read full article Go back home