U.S. Doctor Slain In Sudan, Amid Fighting Between Rival Sudanese Commanders
View Source | April 30, 2023 8:30 pm
Click to read full article
- American doctor Bushra Ibnauf Sulieman was killed Tuesday in the looting related to the fighting in the capital, Khartoum, a city of 5 million.
- A roving band of strangers surrounded him in his yard, stabbing him to death in front of his family, according to the Associated Press.
- Friends say robbery was the likely motive.
- The doctor is now one of two Americans confirmed killed in Sudan in the fighting, both were dual nationals.
- The 49-year-old doctor reportedly was bound to Sudan by ailing parents and his devotion to treating the poor in that country.
- He well-respected colleague at the Gastroenterology Clinic and Mercy Hospital in Iowa City, hospital president Tom Clancy told the wire service.
Share This Article: