Union Leader Weingarten: Teachers Forced To Be ‘Social Justice Warriors’
View Source | September 4, 2022 9:56 am
Continue to Article
- Weingarten spoke in an online, in town hall-type discuss about learning matters and that included Education Secretary Miguel Cardona.
- Panel discussed a range of topics including the pandemic and a teachers’ well-being.
- “Very few teachers thought that they were going into teaching to be social justice warriors,” Weingarten. said. “That has been what has created some of the burnout. And that’s not parents. That’s politicians.”
- Weingarten also pointed out some teachers not being able to teach “The Diary of Anne Frank,” which a school district in Republican-led Texas recently banned.
- Union leader also said teachers, amid an estimated 300,000 shortage of them across the U.S., are burnt out in part because they have to be “mask police.”
Share This Article: