UVA Renames Building To Honor Late GOP Sen. John Warner
View Source | January 22, 2023 8:56 am
Continue to Article
- The University of Virginia has officially renamed a building after former Navy Secretary and Virginia GOP Sen. John Warner.
- Warner died on May 25, 2021.
- He enlisted in the Navy at age 17 and volunteered for military service in the Marine Corps during the Korean War.
- Warner later earned his law degree at the university.
- President Richard Nixon later named Warner undersecretary of the Navy, then promoted him to secretary. He later served five terms as a senator for the commonwealth of Virginia.
Share This Article: