- The Arlington Public Library shelled out $40,000 to former New York Times reporter Nikole Hannah-Jones to deliver a 45-minute speech titled “1619 and the Fight for Democracy.”
- She spoke as part of the library’s “banned books week,” and the Daily Wire reported that her talk focused almost entirely on her project.
- Historians have criticized Hannah-Jones and the Times for the 1619 Project’s inaccuracies, although the project has not actually been banned.
- The Daily Wire obtained internal emails stating that Hannah-Jones’ fee pushed the library “$7,500 over and above the ‘approved’ budget.”
- Hannah-Jones works only a few miles from the library at Howard University.
Click to read full article
Go back home