WH Adviser Keisha Lance Bottoms Defends Biden Border No Show
White House adviser Keisha Lance Bottoms when asked Sunday about why President Biden has yet to visit the southern U.S. border she said such travel can be "disruptive" and suggested such a trip might not be the "best use of resources."
View Source | December 18, 2022 5:36 pm
Click to read full article
- Bottoms, a former Atlanta Democrat mayor, made the comment on CBS’s “Face the Nation.”
- That Biden since taking over the White House in January 2021 has yet to visit the border has become a partisan flashpoint.
- The GOP argues he should go to see first hand how the U.S. is handling a record number of border crossings, while Democrats say Republicans going to the border with cameras following in just “political theater.”
- Bottoms on Sunday made clear was speculating on reasons why Biden has yet to go and said she has no direct knowledge about reasons.
- “When the president travels, it’s not like you or I jumping on an airplane and getting off and going to our destination,” she said. “Everything comes to a halt. So, all of these things are in consideration for the president. Is that the best use of resources? All of the resources that will be diverted on the ground when the president makes a visit.”
- She also said” I can’t speak to why he has or has not gone. I’m just speaking to the fact that it’s a bit more disruptive for the president of the United States to travel than you or I.”
Share This Article: