Young Iranians Defy Protest Ultimatum, Tear Gassed by Security Forces
View Source | October 30, 2022 4:55 pm
Click to read full article
- The protests that started earlier this month are over the Iran government’s strict morality laws and show no sign of easing despite warnings to stop.
- Protests were sparked by the death of 22-year-old Mahsa Amini after she was arrested by the morality police for attire deemed inappropriate, allegedly her too much hair showing from beneath her required headscarf. She later died at a hospital, allegedly while still under police custody.
- The protesters appear to be mostly if not all university students who are clash with security forces
- The ultimatum is being by the Revolutionary Guards, couple with a warning from the president, in protests that reportedly have become increasingly violent.
- Gunshot were fire in the clashes Sunday, according to Reuters.
Share This Article: