Youngkin Draws Red Line On Dems’ Electric Car Push
View Source | August 28, 2022 3:09 pm
Continue to Article
- Youngkin vowed after progressive California Democrat Gov. Gavin Newsom said Friday state would end sale of fossil-fueled vehicles by 2035.
- Former Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam, a Democrat, signed legislation in 2021 tying state’s emissions policies to the California Air Resources Board.
- California board voted Thursday on plan to end sale of gas, diesel vehicles within next 13 years, as result forcing Virginia to do likewise.
- Democrat governors in Massachusetts, Washington followed California’s lead.
- “In an effort to turn Virginia into California, liberal politicians who previously ran our government sold Virginia out,” Youngkin tweeted. “Already at work to prevent this ridiculous edict from being forced on Virginians.”
Share This Article: